Greetings from RMMFI!
I hope this finds you well. Please help us find the perfect person (could be you or somebody you know) for the following job description that outlines our needs for a Promotions Intern:
Position Title: Promotions Intern
Time Commitment: 3-5 Hours/week minimum, 10 hours maximum
Start Date: July 2011
Position Summary: This job involves helping to promote RMMFI through various channels including social media, press releases, and community engagement. Research and development of new marketing strategies will also be required for this job.
- Assist in admin tasks related with initial outreach classes before, during, and after delivery.
- Assist in monitoring and maintaining social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Blog)
- Participate in tradeshows/special events and assist with fundraising efforts
- Work with RMMFI staff and board to brainstorm and develop ongoing marketing strategy
- Write press releases, media advisories, articles and grant-writing submissions
- Research, compile and manage media lists and community outreach databases
- Research and advise on advertising and promotional options
- Participate in “Street Team” activities in the community.
- Any other duties assigned by Outreach Director
- Bachelor’s degree (Marketing, English, PR preferred) or comparable experience in Marketing/PR
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products and Social Media Platforms (Twitter, Facebook)
- Outgoing with excellent verbal and written communications skills. (Bilingual a plus)
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to work as a member of a team but responsible enough to work on assignments independently with little supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Passion for and belief in an individual’s ability to create self-sufficiency through business ownership.
- Interest in microfinance industry.
- Believes in WORKING HARD and HAVING FUN at the same time.
Rocky Mountain MicroFinance Institute
Join us: Facebook